Monday, April 4, 2022

Masters of the Universe Comic Book Ad from 1982

 


Holy hell…is that a thing of beauty or what? I love old MOTU art for all the little details that changed here and there as the line came of age. For example, you rarely see Man-at-Arms on Battle Cat like you do in this ad, and check out Mer-Man in the Wind Raider.

I would have loved to have been there at the dawn of the brand. Well, I was, but I was 4 or 5 years old. I wish I could have been older when it launched so I could more fully appreciate all the intricacies of the whole story. Like the original mini-comics…they had little details that eventually got phased out of the official canon.

But that don’t take away from how cool this ad is. It’s no wonder the line went on to be so huge with ads like this leading the way in the early days.

No comments:

Post a Comment